Most dandruff conditions are caused by one of three things:
- An common reaction to shampoo ingredients
- A fungal infection such as melassesia globbosa or scalp ringworm
- An internal imbalance such as candida as a result of prolonged use of antibiotics
Using a dandruff remedy as part of a complete scalp remedy solution can help to combat bacterial and fungal causes of dandruff or other scalp conditions. A scalp remedy made of natural essential oils can also help to soothe and alleviate the symptoms associated with dandruff such as flaking and itching.
Dandruff remedy ingredients can include:
- Neem oil – a powerful ayurvedic bark extract native to India which is very effective in dealing with many bacterial and fungal infections and even eczema or psoriasis type skin conditions.
- Lavender oil in dandruff remedy scalp remedy – this oil is fantastic for calming inflamed skin, and helping to combat bacterial and fungal infections of the scalp and skin.
- Rosemary oil – this is also helpful for encouraging healing as a powerful antibacterial and antifungal oil in dandruff remedy scalp remedy ingredient.
- Tea tree – otherwise known as melaleuca oil has been used for thousands of years to combat infections and is a very popular ingredient in many dandruff shampoos, dandruff remedy blends and scalp remedy oils.
When you blend these ingredients together to make a dandruff remedy, you can create a very powerful dandruff remedy.
As stated earlier many dandruff shampoos that contain ingredients that contain ingredients that are known to cause irritation. Alot of name brand shampoos also contain the same ingredients such as sulphates and parabens.
So how can you make your own a dandruff remedy or any other scalp remedy for your hair and scalp condition?
Or if you dont want to buy individual oils you can purchase Soothing Scalp Remedy which contains all of the above oils.
Once you have created the dandruff remedy you can apply it once or twice a day as needed for relief. Scalp remedy blends are a great way to help rebalance your scalp and heal any irritation.
Enjoy creating and applying your remedy. You can also read more about the causes of scalp and the ingredients to avoid in Beautiful Hair & Healthy Scalp Secrets & Remedies.